Saturday, October 15th
2:00 – 5:00 pm (gates open at 1:45pm)
Historic Rosedale’s Oyster Roast is a yearly tradition showcasing good food and good times while raising money for the preservation of Charlotte’s oldest wood frame house and the accompanying 9 acres of gardens. History in Charlotte is being lost every day; please help assure this does not occur with our unique and irreplaceable property located only 3 miles from the center of Charlotte.
This year we celebrate Mr. Tommy Noblett of The Comet Grill as he caters his last Oyster Roast for Historic Rosedale; Tommy has plans to sell his restaurant. Tommy will lead us in roasting the freshest oysters Virginia Beach style: over an open fire on steel plates covered in burlap until the gathering steam opens them at just the right moment. In addition, we’ll serve up a traditional Lowcountry boil: that tasty mix of shrimp, sausage, potatoes, and corn seasoned to perfection. We’ve even thought of your family and friends who might not enjoy these Southern delicacies (we promise not to hold it against them!). Hot dogs, baked beans, coleslaw and all the fixins round out the menu.
The Oyster Roast would not be complete without libations and music. Rusty Barkley and Friends along with the duo Hunters Travesty will be back playing many of your favorite tunes. We are very excited that our N. Tryon neighbors at NoDa Brewing have kindly supplied us with a mix of their well-known brews to join Bird Song Brewery’s donation for a craft beer tasting. Beer and wine (available for adults 21 and over only), along with soft drinks and bottled water, will keep our guests happy and hydrated.
New this year, we’ve located our live music on the back porch of Historic Rosedale’s 1815 house. We will offer two seating areas for your enjoyment. The first will be front and center on the lawn in front of the bands under the shade of two large tents. Perfect for all you live music lovers! If you’d like a quieter experience, the Pavilion debuted last year as a prime location to enjoy the day. Sponsors may select their seating preference when making a sponsorship package purchase. All other seating – for general admission ticket holders – will be first come, first serve.
A wonderful afternoon full of great food, live music, and fellowship – all to fund the preservation of an important Charlotte landmark! And don’t forget, our Blacksmith shop will be open. Blacksmithing is an integral part of Historic Rosedale’s legacy; this is a great opportunity to experience this unique craft.
Pricing for the 2022 Oyster Roast is as follows:
Early Bird Ticket Pricing: Prior to September 16th (at midnight)
- Member Adult and children 13 and older – $65 each
- Non-Member Adult and children 13 and older – $75 each
- Member Children (ages 5-12) – $12 each
- Non-Member Children (ages 5-12) – $15 each
Last Call Ticket Pricing: Sept 17th – Sept 30th (at midnight)
- Member Adult and children 13 and older – $75 each
- Non-Member Adult and children 13 and older – $85 each
- Member Children (ages 5-12) – $15 each
- Non-Member Children (ages 5-12) – $20 each
Additional ticketing information:
- Tickets on sale to the General Public on August 25th
- Children 4 years and under are Free
- The last day to purchase tickets is September 30th
- No tickets will be sold after September 30th
- Tickets are limited based on space available
- Event is rain or shine
- NO refunds
Your ticket includes:
- Virginia Beach style Oyster Roast
- Lowcountry Boil
- Hot Dogs, baked beans, coleslaw and fixins
- Coffee & Desserts
- Three (3) drink tickets (beer-wine-soft drinks)
- Live Music
- One (1) Pass for a Free Guided House Tour
- Craft Beer Tasting
PURCHASE TICKETS/SPONSORSHIPS BY CLICKING HERE
SPONSORSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE: To review the sponsorship packages, PLEASE CLICK HERE.