The African American Legacy at Historic Rosedale (AAL) project was established in September of 2021 to address enhancing our interpretation of the enslaved population and their descendants in an equitable, truthful, and compassionate manner. A committee of diverse individuals began researching and planning for the project at that time and continues to offer guidance to its mission, activities, and progress. In 2022, our programming will focus on introducing and celebrating this new project.
February 26 11:00 – 4:00
African American Legacy at History Rosedale Introduction Event
Join as as we celebrate Black History month with the launch of our year long initiative addressing the African American Legacy at History Rosedale. This is a free event that will include:
- Introduction of the AAL project
- First chapter of our research and exhibits on enslaved and free African Americans connected with our site
- Sweetgrass basket crafting
- Leon Berry basket lecture and exhibit
- Unveiling of 2022 special events calendar with unique activities, exhibits and events related to the African American Legacy at Historic Rosedale.
Additional details and schedule will be forthcoming. Stayed tuned and plan to join us!